When you’re looking to buy a gaming keyboard, there are three major factors to consider—the number of keys, the type of switches it uses, and whether it supports your operating system. The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma V2 meets all of these criteria and more, making it one of the best options on the market right now. Learn more about this innovative keyboard below!
Razer Keyboards are some of the best on the market, but do they work with Mac computers? And what about the Razer Mouse? In this guide, we’ll tell you exactly how to set up your Razer Keyboard on your Mac computer. It’s easy! Just follow our step-by-step instructions, and we guarantee you’ll have all your hardware up and running in no time at all.
Razer keyboards are some of the best and most popular gaming keyboards on the market today. The Razer Black Widow Ultimate is one of the best-selling gaming keyboards currently on the market, which means many people have purchased it with no knowledge about how to set it up properly on a Mac computer. However, with this guide, you can easily connect your Razer keyboard to your Mac so that you can use it just like you would any other keyboard!
Things you need to know before getting started
For starters, you need to make sure that your MacBook has a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 port. The keyboard will not work with the traditional USB ports found on most laptops. You also need to make sure that your MacBook is running macOS Sierra 10.12 or later, as it does not work with El Capitan or earlier versions of the operating system.
Installing your keyboard
- 1. Plug the keyboard cable into your computer’s USB port.
- Connect the other end of the cable to a port on the back of your keyboard
- Press any key to turn the keyboard on
- Press Fn and a number key to change what button does what command
- Type in System Preferences 6. Press Keyboard
- Click Modifier Keys
- Choose which key should do what command
If you’re trying to use your Razer Keyboard on a Mac, but it doesn’t work, there are a few things you can try. First, plug the keyboard into a different USB port. Some of them might not be compatible with your device, so try switching ports to see if that solves the problem. If that doesn’t work, try disabling any antivirus software or firewalls and then restarting your computer.
- Plug the USB end of the cable into the back of your Apple device.
- Plug the other end of the cable into an available USB slot on your keyboard.
- Turn on your Apple device and wait for it to load completely before continuing to step
- Once the device has been loaded, go to System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Layouts tab
- Click Add
- Select English (US) from the list
- Underneath Primary, select Razer English US
- Click Use.
Additional setup information
The first step to using your Razer keyboard with a Mac is to download and install the latest version of the Synapse software. Once you have installed Synapse, plug in your keyboard. If you are prompted to update firmware, then click Yes and follow the on-screen instructions. Next, open the Synapse application and select Add new device. A window should pop up asking you to press any key on your keyboard.
These are all the steps you need to take to get your Razer Keyboard up and running. With just a few simple steps, you’ll be able to use your new keyboard with no problem! This is also applicable to any other brand of keyboards that have specific instructions for their product. Don’t let setup deter you from buying a keyboard; it really doesn’t have to be hard at all!